Updated: November 04 2009
By using this website and/ or submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing activities described in this Policy. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Information - General
Rainforest Agencies Pty Ltd collects, holds and uses personal customer information collected via customer purchases, customer enquiries, promotions and competitions, or when you communicate directly with us by telephone, email or facsimile. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact phone number(s) and email address
- your purchase history with us
- a record of any queries you have made regarding our products and services
- details of any of our promotions you may have entered, or prizes you may have won
This information assists us to conduct our business, meet our legal obligations, provide and market our products and services, and address your queries relating to our products and services.
Personal Information - Credit Cards
We do not hold your credit card details on file:
- credit card details provided during the purchase process on our websites are submitted by you directly to our nominated credit card service providers (PayPal Australia and/or the National Australia Bank) by way of you being re-directed to their web sites at the time of purchase
- at no time during the online purchase and payment process do we have possession or knowledge of your credit card details; on completion of your transaction we are issued with either an approval or disapproval code response from the credit card service provider
- credit card details provided to us by you over the phone are destroyed (shredded) immediately following the successful processing of your order
For privacy issues relating to online credit card purchases through our websites, and the protection of your personal information when payment is made in this manner, please refer to the privacy policies of Paypal Australia and/or the National Australia Bank.
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Rainforest Agencies Pty Ltd collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products or services you have purchased or requested
- to deliver those products or services to you
- to approve and finalise financial transactions you wish to make with us
- to confirm your identity
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to contact you directly about our brands, products, services, special offers, samples and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal customer
- to inform you of our products or services we think you might be interested in
- to conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information
Rainforest Agencies Pty Ltd is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Your personal information is recorded both electronically and in paper based records. Every reasonable measure is taken to protect this information by restricting access to the information and retaining the information in secure premises and/or in a secure system with password protection.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Rainforest Agencies Pty Ltd does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. We may outsource certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to us, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- freight and delivery services who deliver your purchased goods to you
- financial institutions for the purpose of processing and verifying credit card purchases, or to prevent or combat fraud
- our related companies
- third party organisations which provide services to us, such as email newsletter publishing services, solicitors and accountants
- government or statutory authorities
- other such parties to whom we are required by law to disclose your information
In the event of the sale of one of our websites or brands, any personal information that we hold about you that has been collected via customer purchases, customer enquiries, promotions and competitions directly related to that website or brand will be transferred to the new owner. This will be done in accordance with current legislation.
Our websites uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from or about children under 13 without parental consent, except as permitted by law.
Access and correction of details
You are entitled to access any personal information that we hold on you by contacting the Rainforest Agencies Pty Ltd Privacy Officer in writing. We may charge you a small fee to cover any costs or expenses which we incur in responding to your request for access.
If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request us to correct the information.
You may also contact the Privacy Officer if you believe we have breached your privacy.
If you make a complaint to our Privacy Officer but are not satisfied with the response that you receive, you can contact the Commonwealth privacy Commissioner hotline on 1300 363 992.
More information about the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au